Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wintry day in Littleton!



This is our second snowy day so far this month! The first time was a week ago Saturday (Oct. 10), and we opted out of a marching competition because of it. Over the weekend (Oct. 17) we went to a competition up in Longmont, wearing t-shirts and all of us got sunburns! Crazy weather in this state, that is for sure!

Marching season is almost finished; this Friday is State Quarter-Finals and those that move on will compete Saturday. Then it is done. Seems like we have been going non-stop on it. Of course, this year I am working in more official capacities than last year...

Chloe's band has their first concert tonight and I have heard great things about this band, so I can't wait to hear them for myself.

I am busy in my studio dyeing silk scarves, quilting my Pumpkin Pie quilt, and starting work on a self-portrait series. I am so inspired by the local shop I haunt, Wild Heather in Englewood, (http://www.wildheatherdesigns.com/) and our quilt guild, the Front Range Contemporary Quilters. (http://www.artquilters.org/). This month the featured artist was Denise Labadie, and she does incredible, realistic quilts based on photos she has taken in Ireland. You can check out what we saw here: http://labadiefiberart.com/

I just don't have enough hours in a day to accomplish all of the things I want to! I have been keeping a quilt journal though; it contains not only information and photos of what I have done, but ideas for things I want to do too. I have WAY more ideas than time or talent at this point! lol But it is fun to dream of what I want to work on next or in the future.

Here are a couple of photos I took this morning. Now I am off to bake cookies for lunches and work in my studio. It's the perfect day to stay inside and create!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com