Thursday, August 27, 2009

Silk Scarf Party!


Yesterday I went to my first class at Wild Heather, the Silk Scarf Party. What a blast!

We started our first project with a slightly damp white (blank) silk scarf. Using Dye-Na-Flow paints with water and silk salt, we were encouraged to create on the spot, using colours that blend nicely. That one is my yellow-orange-red one.

The next technique was Shibori; we wrapped our pre-dyed scarves on a pole, tying and scrunching in increments, and then over-dying them. That one is my blue-green one.

The last technique was also Shibori, but this time our resists were tied and stitched. That is my pink-purple one.

I haven't had so much fun creating something in a long time! I think the girls and I will do a bunch as Christmas gifts- they are so fun to make and we can personalize them to the receiver.

3 comments:

Holly said...

i love the pink one!

Calicojoan said...

Very cool Christa. My friend Ruth and I were just talking today about a trip down to Wild Heather. We both have all this stuff and no idea where to start on things. Hopefully we can find some classes to get us going!

Silk Scarf said...

Hey the all scarfs are so good and too attractive i like all the desings. And i want to buy all these. For the more information vist www(dot)uzbekalive(dot)com.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com