Thursday, February 26, 2009

Up next: Il Posto

We went out again last night (Wednesday) for a go at another new restaurant, this time Il Posto in downtown Denver.

I was going to rant a bit, but decided I will just list the good and bad, starting with the good. I am no restaurant critic, but I know what I like and what I don't.

THE GOOD
1. The food was delicious- Rich says better than Opus, but I disagree
2. The servers were really friendly and knowledgeable
3. Once they let us move to the window, we had a nice view

THE BAD
1. They made us wait for almost half an hour, even though we made reservations (which they called to remind us of)
2. Too crowded- the servers had barely enough room to move around- which means service wasn't very attentive
3. Too noisy

Rich laughed at me when I threw his own observations of dining out back at him! When we go out to a nice dinner, attentive service is part of the experience, and I didn't enjoy being so crammed in. I DID however, enjoy Rich's company very much, as I always do. And so any time we are together, is a darn good time!

The food really was good and I guess we will go again sometime to see if the overall experience is any better.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad that you tried out Il Posto and hope that you come back sometime soon! My husband, Andrea Frizzi, is the chef/owner and we always appreciate feedback both good and bad.. As far as your comments, Andrea's desire when creating Il Posto was to sort of transport diners to his hometown of Milano, thus the noise, the close quarters and tight scheduling! In the summer we open up the patio which allows a little more room for everyone to enjoy the great Colorado weather, and as always the menu changes daily... We hope to see you soon!

 
Template by suckmylolly.com