Saturday, February 28, 2009

Last up for this week...

For our final dinner of this official Restaurant Week adventure, we went to the Barolo Grill in Denver.

Rich and I agreed that this was our favourite of the three; we had a simply wonderful evening. Though the place filled up while we were there, it was never noisy.

Rich started with prosciutto with shaved fresh horseradish, and I had arugula with toasted pine nuts, shaved parmigiano-reggiano cheese, olive oil & lemon juice. Both were delicious.

For the pasta course, Rich ordered spinach tagliatelle served with bolognese meat ragu and I ordered the risotto with fresh crimini mushrooms, which I thought was just divine. We switched plates partway through as we often do, and we both liked what we ordered the best.

The entrees were delicious too! I had the seared salmon with lentils, spinach, and micro fennel salad. The fennel gave the dish a slightly licorice-y taste, and it was sublime. Rich had the beef short ribs with polenta, carmelized onions, and swiss chard which he raved about. He let me try the polenta but he didn't part with even one tiny bite of the beef. It must have been good! lol

Dessert was the same for everyone; a vanilla bean panna cotta with apricot passion fruit tapioca. The panna cotta was so smooth and creamy- with intense vanilla flavour, and the tapioca was citrusy and tart, a perfect complement to each other. We ate it in the tiniest little bites to make it last!

We both had the wine pairing to go along with everything and all the wines we tasted were really good.

Besides the food, what stood out for me was the service. The servers flitted between tables, always around, but never intruding and they were so friendly! They genuinely appeared to like their job and it was relaxing and lovely to eat there.

So. Overall, The Barolo Grill wins in our book. Great ambience, great service, sublime food- what more could you ask for? We will definitely go back.

2 comments:

Tammy in Ontario, Canada said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and your comments. Also thanks for your help on how to save a link. I am very new to this and don't know much about it . I know exactly where you are talking but when I want to add a link from someone else's blog I have trouble. For instance..the free block of the month button on Bunny Tales blog site. I don't know what I should save it as so that when I put it in my link file it works. Sometimes I simply get the address but not one that will link and I've never been able to get the actual picture button. I know it must be simple but I can't find the answer anywhere. You can certainly add me to your blog. Thanks, Tammy

Tammy in Ontario, Canada said...

Thanks for the information on the bunny hill link. I didn't realize it takes you to the homepage. I highlighted it and "sent to blog" but it must have sent the whole page. I have made a new blog post with the link that will take you directly to the actual free BOM
Thanks again, tammy

 
Template by suckmylolly.com