Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fabric Adventure!





I had a GREAT day! I met up with my friend Joan who lives in Denver, and we went to the Rocky Mountain Sew Expo in Denver.
What a show- so much to see and touch and drool over. So many choices about what to buy and what not to buy.

I hadn't met Joan in person before today; she and I belong to the same online fabric postcard trading group and she nicely offered to go with me to the show, knowing I don't know a lot of people around here yet. We started out by having a leisurely breakfast first and then spent the next three hours wandering from booth to booth. Joan brought me a gorgeous moose pincushion as a "welcome to Denver" gift. Isn't it cute? Joan is a sweetheart.

I really didn't intend on buying any fabric, but the prices were so good and I saw some stuff I knew my girls would LOVE. They are bag-a-holics just like I am and any time I get cool fabric, they want a bag of some sort out of it. I have lots of bag patterns and I love making bags... so it's all good!

Next week my adventure continues when I will go to an artsy quilt shop with a friend I have made here in the neighborhood. We will be trading quilter's ATCs, and I have been working feverishly on them for the past couple of weeks. I will post later today or tomorrow and show you a little sample of my "art".

In the meantime, check out the cool fabric I got today. I am so excited!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com