Saturday, November 29, 2008

Block of the Month with Nellie






It is a snowy day here in Littleton, Colorado. It is so pretty!

Well, I have four blocks nearly completed- just one is in need of the binding sewn in the back. I have chosen to do a series of wall hangings rather than a quilt for a couple of reasons. One, I need to work on my machine quilting and the small blocks allow me a lot more freedom and ease in that, and two, I have SO MANY free walls to fill around our new home!

The first two are done in my favourite Kansas Trouble-type colours. For the next two, I went outside of my usual, as you can see. I also tried to experiment with the quilting more, trying different things that I have seen Nellie do, and using some of Christine's ideas from her class (that she generously posted on her blog.)

You can click on any of these photos to see it larger- the quilting and embellishments show up better!

I miss being able to do this with the class, but I loved the photos from last month and am having fun participating from here.

Have a great day everyone- I miss you!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com